- Mar 05, 2018
- - 0 comment
How Right Business Communication helps you Grow Customer base and keep them
Business Communication is the life wire of Business development, Business expansion and customer satisfaction. Business is not just about big organization with many office , staff busses, air-condition units and choice office furniture. If you have a good or service you sell either as an individual or as a group of companies then you should consider taking a deep look at what benefits you stand to gain from Business communication.
The primary objective of communication is to make the exchange of ideas, information and messages possible between two or more persons. The objective of communication in the administrative environment is to effect the fulfilment of the vision of an organization. This is actualized by sharing facts, ideas, opinions and emotions within the confines of the organization. Business communication is also extended to entities outside an organization. This could range from stakeholders, wholesalers, retailers, and end-users in a marketing cycle.
Business communication involves a great level of orientation within the organization to relate with external entities whose communication abilities cannot be influenced directly. It is therefore imperative that the communication gap be filled up if exchange of goods and services will be made possible between an organization and customers.
- Giving and receiving information: Business communication helps to recruit qualified personnel into an organization. It is done as communication goes on between a human resource manager and an applicant during a job interview. An individual’s goals, job perception, delivery capability, dexterity, career expertise and communication skill is observed during this process. This helps an organization have efficient staffs.
Sharing of information from top management levels to low departmental levels help to answer questions like what to do, how to do it, when to do it, why it should be done and to whom it should be done. An answer to these questions will help the business and administrative processes of an organization to be coordinated appropriately.
- Stronger Decision Making: Every productive and efficient organization is a product of right decision made in the past. Every retrogressive and unproductive organization is a product of wrong decision made in the past. Decision making is a cardinal point to be handled with gravity if an organization will be productive. Decision making involves use of questionnaires within the management and brainstorming of experts and consultants. Acknowledging and adopting right decisions is only possible when a communication link is established in the organization.
- Increased Productivity: Growth, advancement, enlargement and expansion is one of the main objectives of communication. Communication helps to orientate the personnel on the factors that foster productivity and how to implement them. This makes it possible to raise a vision driven organization thereby hitting set targets on the long run.
- Sharing Career Promotional Materials: Career journals and management handbooks are shared within organizations annually or bi-annually. This is to intimate the organization about audit reports, progress status, faced off policies and new policies. Regulatory bodies are set up by the government to monitor progress reports and compliance status of different organizations. These enlighten organizations about new initiatives adopted by the government. This updates are also documented in the career journals or hand books. New marketing strategies are also introduced in organizations based on the fast advancement of information technology. This also affects the processes of the organization directly or indirectly. Getting this information across the organization is done by communication.
- Raising Morale and Motivation: Forces that determine behaviour could be social, biological, emotional or cognitive. This forces need to be influenced positively to get the best out of an organization. This is done by sequentially receiving lectures from educational consultants who help workers to realize their value and the value of the services.
- Promote Orderliness: Expression of the disapproval of certain actions through constructive criticism helps to maintain orderliness within the organization. This displeasure could be communicated to the staffs through unfriendly facial expressions or repulsive countenance of a manager.
- Steadier Work Flow: An establishment of a communication link across an organization helps to maintain a steady work flow. The terms and conditions of the membership of an organization are conveyed to the employees. These help them to avoid corrupting the working ethics within the environment.
- Provide Counselling: Communication helps to provide counsel for erring employees. It makes corrective knowledge available for staffs in cases of confusion and problems.
- Provide Education: Importing and acquiring of knowledge is made possible when there is a connection between the learning party and the teaching party. Different employees are recommended for training to increase their output and working experience. This is made possible by communication.
- Issue Warnings: Communication is used to issue warnings to staffs that break operation protocols and ignore working ethics. Such staffs are placed under probation and given queries based on the recommendation of a disciplinary committee within the organization.
- Suggestion: Communication is used to share opinions about the solution to a problem within the staffs and management of an organization.
- Strong Business Relationship: Communication is used to establish a level of understanding within and outside the organization. This helps managers to understand their staffs. It helps staffs to understand their managers and it helps the organization to understand their customers. The demands of the customers are always met when there is a strong business relationship.
- Management Persuasion: Communication is used to relate the demand of the employees to the employers. Employers who desire an increase of salary makes their intensions known and defend the reason for their decisions. This helps them persuade the management to meet their needs.
- Improve Discipline: Discipline is maintained within the organization through communication. The manager communicates with the staffs through board meetings, video conferencing and documented circulars. They use this medium to encourage productivity, discourage retrogression and monitor the operations of the organization.
- Enhanced Professional Image: Seminars are used to impart career knowledge into the staffs. This helps them to use professional terms and paint a good image of the organization to their customers.