- Feb 10, 2018
- - 0 comment
How To Sell Your Product Online
Millions of people spend much time online these days searching for one information or the other, some are also searching for a product to buy online. These days people don't like bargaining for products in physical shops , they prefer buying online where they will see the real non-negotiable price, some don't even have such time to go about looking for where to buy the items to need.
This has really make online selling much lucrative and stress free than you can imagine.
Many people have been finding it difficult to start online selling while some still see it as something that they can never achieve no mater how hard they may try.
In this article I will give you full guideline on how you can easily sell your product online.
HOW TO SELL YOUR GOODS ONLINE
There are many ways you can sell your product online but I will only talk about the key ones.
- Free Classified Ads
- Social Media
- E-commerce website
FREE CLASSIFIED ADS WEBSITE
Classified websites allow you to sell your product on their platform free of charge. They do all major jobs that are involve, so all you need is to upload your product, seat back and watch customers calling for your product. You don't need any web designing knowledge to sell on classified website.
HOW TO SELL YOUR PRODUCT FASTER WITH CLASSIFIED ADS WEBSITE
Classified ads websites are kind of public market place where everybody is allowed to sell his or her product, there may be more than 50 sellers of a particular product, so there are areas you need to work hard on so as to get buyer's attention to your product.
- Visit the classified ads website. I will give you the full list of all classified websites.
- Register with them. It is not compulsory but it's important so you can track your ads and know how they perform.
- Click on "Post Free Ads" or "Sell Your Item" depending on the website.
- Give your product a good TITTLE, it is very important because the tittle and the image are the things that will attract the buyer's attention at first. The tittle need to be a bit detailed, for instance your selling a DELL laptop computer you don't need to give your tittle as "DELL Laptop Computer" give it as "DELL Model Z13 - Intel Core i5 - 500GB HDD - Red Color" those features that are attached to it will attract the buyer's attention to the product.
- Give full and well detailed description of you product. The description field is also very important, make sure you describe the product the way a buyer will fall in love with the it. Always remember to include the maker, model, year, size, features, quality, color, reasons why it is important for one to have it, the usefulness of the product and everything good you can think about the product.
- Product Images : This is another important thing that will drive much traffic to your product. always use a clear picture if it means buying a new phone with nice camera it worth it. use real pictures, don't download your pictures from the internet so your products can rank, take clear pictures of your product like front, back and side view. The picture most times seems to be more powerful tool than the tittle and description.
- Price : Always have it in mind that you are not the only seller of your type of product in that website, so a competitive price will help you to sell your product faster.
- Contact details : The website is not yours and buyers cannot contact you directly via the website's contact form, so always remember to add your contact details on each product you post.
- Click on the "Submit" or "Post" button to publish your product. Note: The website's admin may have to review your product before publishing it.
LIST OF FREE CLASSIFIED WEBSITES
- Cheki.com (Cars only)
If you know of any other classified ads website not listed above please notify me with the comment box below.
Social media is another platform where you can easily sell your product. People sent much time on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.
HOW TO SELL YOUR PRODUCT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK : Facebook is the most popular social media website with over 2 billion active users so there is no doubt that any product you put up for sale on facebook is already on it's way to the buyer's house, but the problem is how to post these products on facebook.
I will give you step by step guide on how you can post, promote and sell your products on facebook.
- Selling on your timeline : This is when you decide to sell your products directly on your wall, it is the easiest way of selling a product on facebook but there are some important steps to follow. (1) Create an account with facebook if you don't have any. (2) Add as many friends as possible, also accept friend request from everybody not just people you know. (3) Join as many groups as possible. (4) Like many pages where you can always get funny posts. (5) Edit your profile settings to your post will be visible to PUBLIC, everything about your profile will be visible to PUBLIC, PUBLIC can comment on your post, anybody can follow you or send you friend request, PUBLIC can message, tag and mention you in a post or comment. (6) Always post funny things that people would like to comment on and share, especially videos. N:B you can always get those posts from those groups and pages. (7) Always share your posts to all your groups and encourage your follower to share them. With this you will have thousands of follower and can start posting your product on your timeline. If you are good in video editing you can always edit videos and add your product advert on them before posting. It will surprise you the way buyers will be calling for your product from facebook.
- Selling on Facebook Groups : Facebook has lunched a kind of group called "marketplace" where people can easily sell their products or used items they don't need. Selling your product with facebook marketplace is very easy and faster, all you need is to check the right menu of your facebook, click on Marketplace to show list of group in that category, join as many as possible and start posting your free ads immediately. You will even have an option to post your product in 10 groups at once. Make sure your post is well detailed with product clear image, good tittle and description, price with the right currency sign.
- Selling with your Facebook page : This is more advanced than the other two methods, you may need to put more effort to achieve good result in this, you might even have to spend money to get more targeted buyers. How to sell your product using facebook page... (1) Login to your facebook profile and click on "Create page", fill the details correctly and setup your page (2) Invite all your friends to like your page, also encourage them to invite their friends to like your page. (3) Post your product on your page, seat back and watch your product selling.. N:B I will advise that you BOOST your products, even your page with money so as to get buyers easily.
- Selling with third party Facebook page : As we all know, creating and promoting a facebook page is not an easy task especially for someone who is not a full time online person. So another option is to contact some popular page owners to publish your product on their pages while you pay them an agreed amount of money. I can give you some trusted popular facebook pages that you can advertise with via the comment box.
INSTAGRAM : This is another popular social media website with millions of users. Selling on Instagram is much similar to that of facebook, I will only add few things. (1) Always add the # tag to your post, reason is because if your product have the # tag like #love, when you click on the # tag you will discover that over 1 million posts have that # tag which will be a better chance for people to see your post and also follow you on Instagram. (2) You can write to users with millions of followers to publish your product on their timeline. (3) You can also use the boosting plan.
e-commerce websites are another good agents when it comes to selling your product online, in fact it is a sure and more trusted means of online selling. Some will even take the responsibility of posting the product online for your, receiving customers calls, promoting the product and even picking and delivering the product to the customer while your money is being credited to your account after 30 days or two weeks depending on their terms of services.
SOME E-COMMERCE WEBSITES INCLUDE:-
If you know of any other e-commerce website not listed above please let us know via the comment box.