- May 31, 2018
- - 0 comment
First Professor Babatunde Osotimehin Annual Essay Competition
Entries are invited for the First Professor Babatunde Osotimehin Annual Essay Competition (PBOC). In honour of the life, times and work of the late professor of clinical pathology, former Nigerian Minister of Health, former Director-General of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) who until his death was the Executive Director of UNFPA, young people are invited to submit entries on the theme – “198 Million Nigerians: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in a period of ball0oning Population.” Organised by Youthhubafrica with support from the United Nations Population Fund
(UNFPA) Nigeria, the essay competition seeks to enrich conversation and research on the continual and untiring quest for brilliant solutions as a means to drive the much desired demographic dividends.
Top 10 essay entries from the competition will be complied into an anthology and launched during the award ceremony to be held during the First Professor Babatunde Osotimehin Annual lecture scheduled for June 21, 2018.
Prizes will be awarded to three individuals with the most outstanding essays:
- Winner will be awarded the sum of five hundred thousand naira (N500, 000)
- First Runner-up will be awarded the sum of three Hundred thousand Naira (N300, 000)
- Second Runner-Up: Will be awarded two hundred thousand naira only (N200, 000)
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- Essays must be independent and original;
- Entries should be between 2500 to 3000 words (references excluded);
- Essays must be written and typed in English using Arial font type, size 12 with single line spacing;
- All plagiarised essays will be disqualified;
- All resource materials used should be referenced using APA style;
- Participation is open only to citizens between ages 15 and 30 that are resident in Nigeria;
- Only one entry is permitted per person;
- All entries must be original and hitherto unpublished. The copyright for all entries will be transfered to the organisers;
- Participants deem it fit for the organisers to use their details and entries for promotional purposes;
- All entries must be submitted on or before June 4, 2018;
- Please note that entries that do not match the above specifics will be automatically disqualified.
DEADLINE: June 11 2018
To apply and for more information visit here