- Mar 07, 2018
- - 0 comment
Why Education is a Necessity
Some Children feel being educated is some sort of prison, punishment or fun interruption mechanism. The case is opposite. Education brings us out of the prison of illiteracy, cures our sickness of ignorance, helps us escape the mental punishment and stigma of not being educated and also gives us a fun platform as we explore and exhibit acquired skills, potentials and talents. Some parents measure the rate of unemployment among graduates in the society and conclude that it is a waste of money, time and resources to educate their children. This is a Big Lie. Education is not just streamlined to wearing uniforms and going to school. It is about acquiring knowledge to grow right in life and come into the reality of our big dreams. This means we can get education in and out of the school environment. However the competitive atmosphere created by the school environment as well as the student interaction has a way to fine-tune a child's growth psychologically.
- Education gives you a clearer Perception. of Life. Life can be seen from different point of views. Life can be seen as opportunity or a wasted period. Education opens your eyes to see the norms, values and principles that control Life. Education re-configures our discrimination ability helping us to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. Education challenges us to make a positive impact in our generation. Little children are sometimes quizzed at schools about who they want to be when they grow up and the make references to great men. They strongly meditate on philosophers who have signed their name on the sands of time through one invention, provided solution or outstanding leadership.
- Education develops your potentials for exploits. Myles Munroe once said the grave yard is one of the richest places on earth. It sounded strange but he said many humans are buried with untapped potentials. It means they died without discovering, development and impartation. Potentials and Skills are quite different from each other. Everyone has a potential. Everyone was designed to provide a unique solution to a problem. Potentials are capable of taking a nation to a higher level but this will happen on condition that the custodian of the potential discovers, develops it and puts it to use. Some people are considered talented in one area or the other. This is because they have seen their potentials and used it. Skills on the other hand can be acquired generally but limited in nature. People who use their potential enjoy what they are doing while most skilled workers are strictly busy to make money. Where does Education come in? An innovative person with potentials to be a Nobel laureate will find it difficult to live up to the full potentials without learning how to speak, read and write English fluently. Education will therefore prepare and package such person to become strategically informative with unique writing skills.
- Education can Eliminate Poverty: Generally most gainfully employed workers are people who have systematically acquired knowledge over time, develop interests and mastered a particular field. This has put a price on them and made them a commodity because they have a service to render. Beyond the fact that job employments are available, someone who is Educated will find it easier to do well as an entrepreneur because of the understanding of rules that governs human satisfaction.
- Education gives birth to innovation: Educated people are innovative people. Combination of knowledge acquired over time can bring about outstanding ideas. The brain becomes more open and more active when it is subsequently engaged. Thinking becomes interesting and productive for an generating useful and record breaking ideas.
- Education furnishes you with necessary Leadership skills: Students gets exposed to Leadership at a very tender age. Some students are delegated certain duties that makes them more responsible. Some students are made class prefects. This duties are not just given to anyone but to diligent, effective and efficient students worthy of setting a standard for the class t follow and also able maintain orderliness in the class when teachers are not around.
- Education gives you a greatness oriented mentality: Some professionals who have successfully attained the summit of their careers today did not just appear there by accident. They were educated kids who created a mental picture of how great they wanted to be and systematically worked towards it at different stages of their life. Some students who get to represent the school at a debate and successfully speak for or against a motion enjoy the feeling and look forward to becoming an advocate for a cause in future. Students like these sometimes end up as human rights activists and lawyers fighting for justice and to prove a point.
- Education provides solutions to Problems: Man has always been in the midst of a scientific revolution right from the 19th Century. It has always been about trying to make things easier, make life better and make living more interesting. The invention of the electric light bulb in 1879 by Thomas Edison brought about a different night life. It had created a legacy on which other inventions where built over time. Pharmacists have strategically developed medication systems and drugs to treat various simple and life threatening diseases.
- Everyone has an Educator duty: Organisational duties have developed over time into a phase where staffs will need to Educate other staffs by virtue of professional exposure and years of experience. Every parent is automatically committed to educating their children on morals and other things. Parents are expected to take time out to inspect the assignments of their children. This means they have to confirm it worthy of submission. A parent who is not educated will find it difficult to support the Education and career of their growing children, Many parents did not have this opportunity in the past but things and times have changed. This is a wakeup call for Parents to prepare their children for this Jet age and the young ones to work towards being successful professionals capable of supporting their own children to be who they are designed to be. The Education is not negotiable. Don’t be left out of the technological revolution going on. Be a part of it so you won’t become outdated while alive. Minor things like paying utility and using automatic teller machines (ATM) involves some level of education. Being able to read and understand so you won’t become customers relations most regular complainant.