- Mar 16, 2018
- - 0 comment
How to get rid of Cockroaches in Homes and Offices
It seems very normal to see Cockroaches around the house. This level of familiarity is very dangerous as the presence of destructive and harmful pests is bad news. Cockroaches cause a lot of sicknesses because of the number of bacteria it carries around. The main habitat of cockroaches is Sewage disposal systems. This is one of the reasons why most cockroaches announce their presence with very disgusting odor. These cockroaches which sometimes act as if they are blind but depend on their antennas, can reach their targets rightly when they fly. Their terrifying attack tactics sometimes make children and even some adults really intimidated by their presence. They also destroy things in the house and for this reason you don’t want to welcome them to your homes.
Gopetsamerica research reveals Bacteria carried by Cockroaches and how it is capable of causing harm. These are listed below.
- Aeromonas species cause wound and other infections, diarrhea.
- Alcaligenes faecalis causes of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infections.
- Bacillus cerreus causes food poisoning.
- Bacillus subtilis causes conjunctivitis.
- Campylobacter jejuni causes enteritis.
- Clostridium perfringens causes food poisoning, gas gangrene.
- Enterobacter species cause bacteremia (temporary presence of bacteria in the blood, which is commonly followed by the development of various infections including abscesses).
- Enterococcus species cause urinary tract and wound infections. Cockroaches in the confined swine production environment may act as vectors and/or reservoirs of antibiotic resistant enterococci.
- Escherichia coli causes diarrhea, wound infections.
- Helicobacter hepaticus, animal and human pathogen associated with inflammation of gallbladder (cholecystitis), gallbladder stones and gallbladder cancer.14,15
- Klebsiella species cause pneumonia and urinary tract infections.
- Mycobacterium leprae causes leprosy.
- Morganella morganii causes wound infections.
- Nocardia species cause actinomycetoma (chronic infection of the skin and underlying tissues).
- Oligella urethralis, may cause bacteremia, septic arthritis that mimics gonococcal arthritis, and peritonitis.4
- Pantoea species cause wound infections.
- Proteus rettgeri causes wound infections.
- Proteus vulgaris causes wound infections.
- Proteus mirabilis causes wound infections, gastroenteritis.
- Pseudomonas species cause respiratory infections, gastroenteritis.
- Salmonella cause gastroenteritis, food poisoning
- Salmonella typhi causes typhoid.
- Salmonella pyogenes causes pneumonia.
- Serratia species cause food poisoning.
- Shigella dysenteriae causes disentery.
- Sphyngobacterium species cause sepsis (presence in the blood or other tissues of pathogenic microorganisms or their toxins).
- Staphylococcus aureus causes wound infections, skin infections, infections of internal organ.
- Staphylococcus epidermalis causes wound infections.
- Streptococcus faecalis and other species cause pneumonia.
- Chlamydia trachomatis causes trachoma, infectious eye disease, the leading cause of the world's infectious blindness. Globally, 41 million people suffer from active infection, and nearly 8 million people are visually impaired as a result of this disease.
- Yersinia pestis (isolated from oriental cockroach), causes plague.
Store food items properly: Food items kept in the house can attract Cockroaches when they are not stored properly. Exposing them and allowing the smell of the food to be in the air is just an invitation message to cockroaches which they will accept and quickly respond to. They are always quick to feast on food items even when they are sealed. They are known for breaking nylon and cereal boxes open. Keeping you food properly is a step to keeping Cockroaches away.
Properly dispose of leftover food: Most people leave food remnants from dinner over night and attend to them in the morning. This is a bad idea as these are some of the major reasons why Cockroaches invade homes. They perceive food from a long distance and can try to find their way into the kitchen when they locate any small opening. When the plates are kept clean after dinner or anytime after food it helps to keep the home Cockroaches free.
Keep the dark corners loaded with insecticides: Cockroaches like to stay in dark corners. You can try to fleet those areas often with insecticides this will limit the possibility of them getting comfortable there. Most Cockroaches breed in dark corners hence such places should be visited , kept clean and sprayed with Cockroach killers.
Leave mothballs around places not often visited: Cockroaches hate the smell of mothballs as it is harmful to them. Keeping some mothball around the dark and damp corners of the house will help create an atmosphere that is not conducive for them to inhabit.
Keep the house clean: Cleanliness is very important if you want a Cockroach free environment. Cockroaches tend to stay around dirty areas even when food items are not there. Every part of the house should be visited and cleaned properly and regularly.
Disinfect sewage disposals unit periodically: Cockroaches live mostly in sewage disposal areas. Most of the Cockroaches seen inside the house came in from there. Releasing harsh chemicals like gamalin and other concentrated Cockroach killers will help kill them. This is like solving a problem from the main cause source.
Keep Trash boxes well Covered: Dustbins and trash boxes are places where the left over and dirty things in the house are kept. It is important to keep them properly covered as the cockroaches will go there and possibly breed there if they gain access.
Seal up Leaking Pipes: Cockroaches go and hang around leaking pipes as they get attracted to water especially if it smells and it’s dirty. Sealing up these pipes early will help to get rid of Cockroaches as they also breed there.
Destroy Cockroach eggs: Cockroach eggs are just another signs of breeding around where they are found. Destroying the eggs and getting rid of them also helps to get rid of the Cockroaches as they migrate when they no longer find the eggs. And destroying their eggs is same as killing the Cockroaches
Fumigate the House Quarterly: Some people wait for terrible infestations before they fumigate their houses. It is important to systematically set a schedule for fumigation the house. There are hidden corners of the house like in the roof where the hangs cannot easily reach. Fumigation helps reach wall holes and other unreachable part to kill all Cockroaches in their hiding places.
Successfully getting rid of these deadly Cockroaches will help avoid the terrible diseases as listed above.