- Dec 16, 2018
- - 0 comment
WhatsApp Tricks You Should Know.
WhatsApp is unarguably one of the most used instant messaging app in this century. Being compatible on almost every device, Whatsapp has over 400 million active users, a leverage that sets back its competitors.
Whatsapp has been fine tuned to deliver best of services to you through its awesome features, many of which you might not know. The app is not just about logging in, reading messages and replying. No! You can navigate it to your satisfaction. So today, we will go through the tricks you can use on WhatsApp for maximum satisfaction.
Trick No1: Use WhatsApp without your Phone Number.
Did you that you can be anonymous on Whatsapp? With this guide, you can use Whatsapp without even using your main number. This guide will show you how to use fake number to register on Whatsapp. Follow the below steps to get this done.
- Uninstall and delete Whatsapp from your phone if you already have one.
- Enable flight mood on your device in other to lock your messaging service for you not to receive messages.
- Open WhatsApp and type in your phone number.Whatsapp will not be able to send message to the server, thereby asking you to choose an alternative verification method.
- Select verify through message option, type in your email address and then Click on ‘Send’ option and without waiting click on ‘Cancel’. This terminates the authorization process.
- You’ll have to forge messages. You can use spoof text message for Android and Fake-a-message for iPhone.
- Spoofing method: Quickly go to your Outbox > Copy all message details to spoofer app > Now send it to spoofed verification.
- Use can use the below details.
From: +[Country code][mobile number]
Message: Your email address
- Now a message will be sent to you through the spoofed number. Now you can connect to your friends via this number.
Trick No2: Hide “Last Seen” Timestamp
The Whatsapp “last seen” timestamp is an awesome feature that tells users when last a particular user was seen online. But sometimes you might not want to reveal such information to some friends, maybe, you do not want them to know that you are online or to know when last you were online.
There are a lot of apps on Playstore to hide ‘last seen’ feature. But here I’ll show you how to do this without a third party app. For you to hide your last seen in the time stamp, you should follow the below steps.
- Simply download Whatsapp latest version from the official website for you do this.
- Launch Whatsapp, Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Last Seen.
- Here you’ll see this three options. Everyone, My contacts, Nobody. Make your choice out of the three and you are good to go.
READ ALSO: How To Download Videos From Facebook.
Trick No3: Spy and Read Your Friends Conversation.
You might want to spy into your partner's conversation with other people. Well, no worries, I’ll be giving you a guide to do this. Simply follow the below steps.
- Collect their phone, go to the MicroSD card, then locate the Whatsapp folder, now open the Database folder too.
- You’ll see some file in this folder. They should look like this msgstore-yyyy.m.dd..db.crypt and db.crypt where ‘yyyy’ stands for the ‘year’, ‘m’ stands for ‘month’, and ‘dd’ stands for ‘day’.
- Now copy these two files out and open them with any simple text editor.
Trick No4: Backup And Restore WhatsApp Chats
By default, Whatsapp had a feature that allows you to backup your chat, but you can also do it manually. Simply follow the below steps.
- For iOS users, Go to Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup, then click Backup
- Android users should, go to Settings > Chat settings and tap Backup conversations and your backup will be created.
- It will not backup your media, so you will need to use a file manager to backup the media files in /sdcard/WhatsApp/Media on your mobile.
- There’s no way to restore chats directly from WhatsApp, so if you want to restore a backup just uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- While you begin WhatsApp just after the reinstalling your app, you should be prompted to restore your most recent backup.
Trick No5: Send files of other Extensions like Zip, Rar, PDF
By default, Whatsapp does not allow users to send file other than audio, image and video formats. Whatsapp doesn’t provide options for users to send compressed files, documents and others.
But you can use the following apps:
- Cloud Send: your Whatsapp will have an extra ordinary ability to send PDFs, APKs, Word documents and a lot more.
- Whats Packed 2 ads is also a nice app that allows you send any kind of file via Whatsapp. But in this case, both the sender and receiver must have this app installed on their phones.
Trick No6: Disable WhatsApp Auto Image Download
Automatic file download from Whatsapp drains your data so quickly making you unhappy whenever you see unwanted photos, videos and voice notes in your gallery that are being downloaded without your permission. This guide will see you through deactivating auto-download on Whatsapp.
Go to Settings > Chat Settings > Media Auto Download.
Make your choice from the three options. If you wish to disable auto download completely, simply choose No Media.
Trick No7: Hide your WhatsApp Profile Picture.
If for any reason you wish to hide your profile picture on Whatsapp, you can get it done with the latest version on Whatsapp. All you have to do is
- update your Whatsapp if you are not running the latest version of Whatsapp
- then go to Settings > Account privacy.
- Now click on Profile Photo, then choose any of the three options – Everyone, My contacts, Nobody.
- If you choose “Nobody”, then, no one will be able to see your profile picture.
Trick No8: Change Your Friend’s Profile Picture
You can scare your friends by changing their profile pictures on your phone by using this simple technique.
You can Google search some weird photos that look crazy and use it as your friend’s profile photo. To get this done simply follow the below guide.
- After downloading the image, resize it to 561×561 pixels using Paint tool, corel draw, or Photoshop, then rename it to your friend’s mobile phone number.
- Locate your friend’s profile picture from your file manager. You can do locate it from SD >> card WhatsApp >> Profile Pictures. Now save your already resized and renamed picture here. You’ll have to overwrite the existing file if you are asked to.
- You’ll have to disable WiFi and data connection. Else once you open Whatsapp, their profile pictures will be changed back to their original photos.
NB: This trick will only change their profile photos on your own device and no one else can see it on their devices.
Trick No9: Create a Fake Chat/Conversation.
You probably must have come across some funny Whatsapp chat screenshot and you sometimes wonder if this is really true or they were just framed up.
You can do this with apps like WhatSaid-Whatsapp Prank here you can quickly frame up funny, crazy, and even annoying conversations and play pranks on your friends.
With the WhatSaid prank app, you can choose your desired photo, and name on both side and also create your own conversation.
Track No10: Hide Two Images In One.
You can frighten your friends by sending them images that look beautiful, and once they click on it, it changes to something scary. This is one of the present days Whatsapp tricks. To get this done, follow the below steps.
- Android users should download and Install MagiApp while iOS users should use FhumbApp.
- Launch this app, you will see interface something like lie in the image on the right.
- Simply click on the True Image option and choose your original image.
- Now also select the Fake Image option and choose the image you want to use as the prank image.
- After the above step, simply select Do Magic ! option and voila! .
- You are then good to go, you can go and share your images in groups and to your friends.
WhatsApp is an amazing instant messaging app which you can manipulate to your fantasy. Try out one of these tricks and have fun.