- Feb 19, 2018
- - 0 comment
How To Increase Transfer Speed Of Pen Drive / USB
Have you been having this problem of slow transfer of files when trying to copy files from your USB Flash Drive? Here I will give you full tutorial on how to increase your USB Flash Drive data transfer speed.
As many of them claim that their USB drive has very slow data transfer speed which can even drop to kilobytes. So today we are here with the solution of this issue. In this post, we have a method to increase USB Data Speed and by applying this method, you can boost up your data transfer speed and it can be up to 50-100 Mbps according to your system processor capacity. Just read out the below post to proceed.
Read the full article carefully to get full details about it. Till date, USB 2.0 was used in most of the devices before the USB 3.0 with high-speed transfer rate was found and started to be installed in devices. And here you will get the method to increase the data transfer speed in both the versions.
This may be the case that you might be running your computer, laptop with the same USB 2.0 that theoretically offers 35 Mbps speed and not the USB 3.0 device that tends to offer a great speed of 625 Mbps if your device is not brought within this two to three years (that could carry USB 3.0). You might be frustrated while transferring up to the huge files, videos to your device through USB 2.0 even by using the USB drive that actually provides the highest possible transfer rate.
You cannot actually increase the speed of transfers by a huge margin and out of the limits but still, you could be able to get double the transfer speed on USB 2.0 while using the USB drive just by using some methods listed here. Hence you can find it easier to transfer large files in lesser time, to do that in real find up the method described in the article below.
How To Boost USB Data Transfer Speed
There are many factors that can influence the data transfer speed of USB drive and I will talk about all these factors to in this article.
Firstly have a look at the different factors that can affect the data transfer speed.
- File Allocation Table Of Your USB drive
- Device Policies
- Checkout Performance Of Your Computer
- Checking For errors
- Using Teracopy
- Using FastCopy
- Using Ultra Copier
These factors are responsible for data transfer speed of a USB drive. Now let’s have a look at the methods to manage them.
File Allocation Table Of Your USB drive
This is the file system of your USB drive and it is responsible for allocation of memory to the data in USB drive. So you need to delete these tables initially before transferring the data.
- Plug in your USB drive in the USB port of your computer.
- Open "My Computer" folder.
- Right click on the USB drive in "My Computer".
- Select format.
- In the File System drop down list select NTFS.
- Click on format, your USB drive will now work better.
- Please backup of your important files before applying this method.
You can alter these policies for best use by the below steps. Follow these steps carefully to increase the speed of your USB drive.
- Plug your USB drive to the USB port of your computer.
- Open "My Computer"
- Right click on the USB drive icon and select properties.
- Select "hardware" and a list of drives will display in hardware tab.
- Select your drive and click on the properties.
- At next wizard, click on change settings button.
- Click on policy tab of next wizard and tick the "better performance option" there and click on OK button.
- This will now boost up the performance of your USB drive.
Check The Performance Of Your Computer
Your system performance can affect your USB data transfer speed so it's better to have a complete look at your system's performance so as to make sure it doesn't slow your USB drive file transfer speed.
Checking For errors
If you feel that you are having slow transfer rate because of some errors. Then you need to follow these steps and it will resolve your problem of data transfer to a large extent.
- Insert the USB drive to your computer and right click on it, select the option “Properties”
- Select “Tools” and choose “Error checking section”
Now you need to select both the option (Automatically fix file system errors & scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” and then click the start button.
- That’s it! you are done, now it will scan for the possible errors and will fix it.
Teracopy a software that is specially designed to move or copy your computer files at the very maximum speed. It is the best if you want to boost up your data transfer speed within your USB drives and computer. Let’s have a look at its features.
- TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- In a case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
FastCopy is another awesome tool that offers a handful of features. This is one of the best file transfer tool you can have on your Windows computer. This is similar to Teracopy. You will notice a signification increase in transfer speed after using FastCopy.
Use Ultra Copier
This is another best software for Windows file transfer. The mini tool runs in the system tray and with this, you can copy/move Windows file with just a click or two.
With Ultra Copier you can also transfer multiple files at once. The transfer speed with Ultra Copy is also very good. So, this is another best tool you can have on your Windows computer if you want to increase the Pendrive transfer speed.
So these are the best and easiest methods of increasing the file transfer speed of your USB drive. By utilizing all these methods, you can effectively boost your data transfer speed the your USB drive and enjoy a high-speed transfer rate on your device.
Leave a comment below about your experience with these methods and don’t forget to share this post on Facebook and Twitter.