- data plan
- how to
- no power
- social media
- sticky notes
- Storage Device
- windows 10
- windows 7
- Jan 07, 2019
- - 0 comment - By Kemi Sola
How To Replace Google Assistant with Cortana or Alexa on Android.
Google Assistant is an artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant developed by Google just like Siri on Apple devices. All Android smartphones come with Google Assistant pre-installed as the default virtual assistant because the Android OS is owned by Google.
Being the default virtual assistant on Android smartphones doesn’t mean you can't replace it with a virtual assistant of choice. Google virtual assistant can be replaced with another virtual assistant such as Alexa or Cortana, if the right steps are followed.
With a lot of virtual assistants in existence today, having the desire of installing another virtual assistant on your Android smartphone is not surprising. Hence this article is tailored to give you a tutorial on how to replace Google assistant with other virtual assistants on your android device with Alexa or Cortana.
- Must Read: How To Activate & Deactivate Siri On IPhone.
What Cortana Can Do
Just like Apple's Siri, Cortana is a digital virtual assistant developed by Windows to perform numerous task for you on your device. In a long list of functions, these are some of the notable functions of Cortana:
- Give you reminders based on time, places, or people.
- Track packages, teams, interests, and flights.
- Send emails and texts.
- Manage your calendar and keep you up to date.
- Create and manage lists.
- Chit chat and play games.
- Find facts, files, places, and info.
- Open any app on your system.
What Alexa Can Do
Alexa is Amazon's owned digital virtual assistant. It is loaded with heart pleasing features and skills, you sure don't want to overlook. Some of its functions include:
- It’s a great kitchen assistant: It can add items to a master grocery list once you yell it.
- It can help you eat healthier: It helps to keep tab on your daily calories intake.
- It can find your phone.
- It can call an Uber
- It can read you a short bedtime story.
- It can let you dictate text messages without your phone.
- It can play you music.
- It can call your friend in an emergency
- Read Also: Top 5 Android Apps On Health.
How To Replace Google Assistant with Alexa or Cortana on Android
Due to user interface disparities, the navigation process involved in locating the settings to replace Google assistant as a virtual assistant may differ.
The process taken to set Alexa or Cortana as the default virtual assistant on Android smartphones is the same. All you need to do is follow the simple steps given below:
- Download the assistant you wish to replace Google assistant with ( whether Alexa or Cortana)
- Launch the settings app on your Android smartphone
- On the settings search bar, Type “Assist”.
- select either Cortana or Alexa as your default virtual assistant service.
NB: You won’t be able to activate Cortana or Alexa on Android smartphones using a voice command. The only way you will be able to make use of these assistants on Android smartphone is simply to hold the home button and use voice search or you just type. Apart from these exceptions, all functions remain the same.
What's as sweet as being able to give commands just with your voice and get tasks being done for you? Make use of one of these digital virtual assistants to make life easier.
- May 02, 2019
- Apr 08, 2019
- Mar 03, 2019
- Feb 22, 2019
- Jan 04, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 02, 2018
- Nov 10, 2018
- Oct 01, 2018