- data plan
- how to
- no power
- social media
- sticky notes
- Storage Device
- windows 10
- windows 7
- Mar 03, 2019
- - 0 comment - By Kemi Sola
How to Use Your Android Phone as a Webcam for Your Computer.
The experience of being able to make videos on your PC is commendable. Usually, latest PCs come with an in built webcam, however, some do not have. The most suitable hack is to use your android phone to improvise as a webcam for your system.
Hence, we will take you through a simplified tutorial on how you can use your android phone as a webcam for your PC. This is meant for those whose laptop does not have webcam to use. We will identify two ways to do so: via DriodCam and IP WebCam. Leggo!
READ ALSO: How to View your Spotify Purchase History.
HOW TO USE YOUR ANDROID PHONE AS WEBCAM ON YOUR LAPTOP
#1 Via DroidCam Wireless
DroidCam Wireless has an extension for both computer and Smartphone. To make use of DriodCam wireless, you will need to download DriodCam wireless from Google playstore on to your Android smartphone. Then you are required to also download DriodCam wireless desktop client on your computer.
After DriodCam Wireless has been downloaded on both your phone and PC, you are should follow the steps listed below.
- Launch the DriodCam Wireless app on your Android device.
- Launch DriodCam Wireless app on your computer
- Input DroidCam IP address and port number, in the space provided. The IP address and port number can be gotten from the settings tab in the app.
- Click on the start button to begin streaming. Image from your phone’s camera will be sent to your computer.
READ ALSO: How To Convert PDF Files To Excel.
#2 Via IP WebCam
IP Webcam is also a third party app that allows users to use their phone camera as webcams for their computer. Just like DroidCam wireless, IP webcam has to be downloaded on your Android smartphone, as well as on your computer.
Afterwards, you need to go ahead to follow the steps listed below.
- Launch IP Webcam on your Android device
- Launch Chrome or Firefox browser on your computer
- Input ” HTTP://[IP ADDRESS]:8080/videofeed” in the URL box. Note: IP address can be sourced from the IP Webcam app on your Android device
- Begin streaming
Note that IP Webcam has support for Dropbox uploader plugin. With DropBox uploader plugin, you will be able to store videos recorded with.
You don’t have to avoid making video calls because there is no webcam for you to use. Simply download DriodCam or IP WebCam on your phone and laptop. You will be able to hangout online with your loved ones via video calls, as well as hold interviews or conferences without restrictions.
- May 02, 2019
- Apr 08, 2019
- Feb 22, 2019
- Jan 07, 2019
- Jan 04, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 02, 2018
- Nov 10, 2018
- Oct 01, 2018