- data plan
- how to
- no power
- social media
- sticky notes
- Storage Device
- windows 10
- windows 7
- Oct 09, 2017
- - 3 comments - By Oluchi Ezekwe
Possible Reasons Why Your Laptop Computer Is Overheating - Solution
Many people have been facing this problem of system overheating without knowing why the system overheats or how to solve the problem.
These are the necessary steps to take when to discover such problem with your laptop.
The first step is knowing if the overheating is as a result of the system type or a fault.
Many people believed that a system that overheats definitely has one problem or the other but the truth is that the system's mother board or processor type might be responsible for that.
PROCESSOR TYPE : The first step is knowing the type of processor that is in your laptop. AMD processors are known to be very hot when working and as such make the system to produce much heat.
We suggest you add an external cooling system to support the internal cooling fan, this will reduce the heat and improve the system performance.
How would you know the type of processor in your laptop?
There are different ways of checking system's processor type.
- Check the laptop stickers to see the processor type. The sticker may show AMD or Intel Core i5 , etc.
- Go to system's properties to see the processor type. STEPS , Boot the system to windows > Locate My Computer > Right Click My Computer > Scroll Down To Properties.
OTHER THINGS THAT MIGHT CAUSE SYSTEM OVERHEAT INCLUDE :-
- Bad video graphics adapter (VGA) , heat zinc or cooling fan.
- Using your laptop on the bed or any surface that blocks the vent area.
- In some cases, using the laptop when connected to power.
- Multitasking ( Running many programs at a time ).
- Running of Application / Software that is not compatible with your laptop or not properly installed.
N.B: Laptop heating up when in use is normal except it is overheating and causing the system to shut down abnormally or not displaying that is when it becomes a problem.
Please let us know the problem you are having with your laptop so we can provide you with the right solution.
- May 02, 2019
- Apr 08, 2019
- Mar 03, 2019
- Feb 22, 2019
- Jan 07, 2019
- Jan 04, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 02, 2018
- Nov 10, 2018
- Oct 01, 2018