- Apr 10, 2018
- - 0 comment
17 Types of Printers you should know
Printer are Hard wares that work with computer systems to produce hard copy of processed data. Printers have become very essential for everyday use at home, schools and offices. Different types of printers are used to carry out different operations to meet the demands of an individual or an organization.
Different companies such as Canon, Kodak, Epson, Hewlett Packard and others produce Printers.
Here are 17 Types of Computers you should know.
- INK JET PRINTERS: They are also called bubble jet printers. They spray ionized tiny drops of ink onto a page to create an image.
- LASER PRINTERS: Work by shinning a laser beam to produce an image on a drum.
- LED / LCD PRINTERS: These are light emitting diode or liquid crystal display printers which use a light source to create an image on a drum.
- IMPACT PRINTERS: These dot-matrix printers use a set of closely spaced pins and a ribbon to print letters or other characters on a page.
- SOLID INK PRINTER: These printers use solid wax ink sticks in a “phase-change” process to display an output on a paper.
- DYE SUBLIMATION PRINTERS: The printers are designed for graphic arts and photographic applications to print on mugs, license plates and other hard surface items.
- PORTABLE PRINTERS: These are light weight printers which use batteries to print out basic resolutions suitable for plain text writing.
- PLOTTER: This is also called a design jet printer. They are large scale printers mainly used to print out engineering drawings and architectural blueprints.
- DIGITAL PHOTO PRINTERS: These are middle range printers mainly used for photo quality images.
- NETWORK PRINTERS: This is a printer that provides output capabilities to all network users.
- WIRELESS PRINTERS: This work with a wireless network to print out documents or graphic designs.
- MULTI-FUNCTION PRINTERS: This combine top-quality colour ink-jet with plain paper and PC faxing, colour copying, scanning and telephoning.
- CD / DVD PRINTERS: This is an automated CD/DVD printing system that can truly be called innovative.
- POS (POINT OF SALE) and BANKING PRINTERS: These printers print out transaction receipts at banking or shopping units.
- LABEL PRINTERS: are used to print labels systematically.
- VERSA LASER PRINTERS: is an output device that transforms images or drawings on a computer screen into real items made of different materials such as wood, fabrics, plastics, fabric, paper, glass, leather, stone, ceramic or rubber.
- 3D PRINTERS: This creates physical models directly from computer Aided design in hours instead of days.